It was a dismal year for my predictions--you can see them for yourself here. Looks like I got exactly ONE of TEN right--predicting that unemployment would be under 9%. Never one to be dragged down by poor past performance, here are my 2012 Predictions. I invite my fellow bloggers to post theirs as the spirit moves them.
1. Mitt Romney will be elected President
2. Marco Rubio will be elected Vice-President
3. Republicans will win majorities in both Chambers of Congress as a result of the 2012 Elections
4. The Presidential Election of 2012 will be notable for its ugliness. Apologists for Mr. Obama will claim the result was a sign of lingering US racism, forgetting of course, 2008.
5. My renovation will be completed by the time I write next year's wrapup
6. The Dow will break its previous high sometime during the year
7. UVA's Football Team will lose only two games, one of which will be to Va Tech (which will play in the BCS Championship Game)
8. Israel will be at war with at least one other nation-state during 2012. The US will provide logistics and intelligence support, but nothing else.
9. Scott Brown will lose his Massachusetts Senate Seat
10.Scott Brown will be Mitt Romney's choice for Attorney General